Sunday, May 3, 2009

Letter 7

04/27/2009
Zone:Tubarão
Area: Criciuma 2
Things here are alright. I didn´t get very many emails today. Kinda sad, but that is just how it goes I guess.I now have 7 months on the mission as of the 24th of this month. It is incredible how fast time seems to fly once a person gets into the actual field.I took my study time the other day and read the Gospel Principles book and it was amazing. I am learning so many new things, how universal the gospel is!! I now know what it means by the phrase "feast on the words of Christ" once one gets a thirst for gospel knowledge it becomes addictive.I am so excited to take my religion classes when I get home. So many things that are to be learned! Hopefully I will be able to never "get off" my mission as it has been said.I feel bad for trying to "get" my brothers "off" their missions when they got home. I just didn´t understand.Hopefully you two will be able to forgive me.Lately I have been very apprehensive about something. However, exactly what said item is I am unsure. Hopefully I will be able to discover soon.We are still teaching those families but, they have all stopped progressing and I am a little discouraged and sad about/for them. They are so prepared! If only they had the ability to take a step of faith!I never truly understood this world the way I should have though I guess and hopefully one day they will be able to understand.My perspective has greatly changed, and my perception of certain things. I am hoping this is the gift of discernment and that I will be able to retain it after my mission if possible.
Anyway, see you all later.
Elder Jacob L. Holdaway

No comments:

Post a Comment