Zone: Tubarão
Area: Criciúma 2
Well this week was another great week in the missionfield. Yesterday Tomas commited to be baptized this weekend. He is a very intelligent kid, he asked questions about the war in heaven, who in reality is Lucifer and several other questions quite profound for an investigator.Area: Criciúma 2
"Ironically" I had just finished a month long study on the Plan of Salvation and had my journal with me that day (a rarity) completely ready with scripture references and everything.
So I responded to his questions and we were able to pass a huge barrier. He had already recognized that the Catholic Church (his) is apostate and he even quoted the scriptures in the bible talking about the great prostitute over many waters (which he explained, correctly, as people of the world) then correlating it to the Catholic Church. He also was already aware of the "head" of this great prostitutes is situated in the "city of seven hills" we know as Rome. In which one finds the VATICAN.
A very intelligent person, but he was slightly more difficult to convince of the truthfulness of the Church of Jesus Christ. However, he recognizes and comprehends how it possesses all the elements of the primitive church.
At any rate, I will report more on his baptism this next week.
I also had the great opportunity to talk with my family this weekend on Mother´s Day. I enjoyed doing so a great deal. I also got the opportunity to talk to Sheree, for which I am greatful as well.
Hopefully we will be able to report a lot more success in the near future, I am going to "kill" Elder de Jong with a bang. He wants to leave the Mission Field with a bang, so we are going to attempt to do so.
Again a thousand thanks to everyone for supporting me!
Fice Firme, Seja Forte, e PERSEVERE ATÉ o FIM!!
Vos Amo!
Elder Jacob L. Holdaway
No comments:
Post a Comment