07-13-2009
Zone: Tubarão
Area: Criciúma 2
Well people, hope you have strong stomaches for the story you are about to get.. It is a little gross. So we have a mouse problem... yep, and though we have killed about five mice, there are still more. I went to cook an egg sandwhich for breakfast, and turns out the mouse had left some presents concealed in the pan. Unfortunately I didn´t realize this until I had eaten about half the sandwhich.
Needless to say I got sick... Now despite having already washed everything like normal, I literally wash everything four times before I use it. Even if it was put away in a safe place... I was also priveleged to eat chicken foot. Oh wow...
Anyway, the work here continues on. We had five investigatores in church last week, three of which got up and bore testimony! We are in the process of teaching these people and hope to baptize them soon. Here in the next two weeks I will hit my ten month mark. Time seems to be accelerating at an incredible rate.
However, I hope to make the best of the time I still have. I miss all of you back home. I never realized how important my family is to me and also my friends.
I am still learning a lot, and changing a lot. I doubt my personality will even be recognizable.
Until today I still have only had one Brazilian companion, so for linguistic purposes this is not cool, but maintaining english is far more easy.
I expect to be turning Senior this next transfer, so that will be cool. Apparently Presidente has been wanting to switch me for some time, but as de Jong and I had asked to remain together he has left me junior.
Thanks for all the letters and the support. I would share some of the other cool spiritual experiences I am having, but then I wouldn´t have anything cool to share when I get home!!!!
Haha, valeio gente!
Elder Jacob L. Holdaway
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment