09/25/2008 - 11/2008
CTM- Centro de Treinamento Missionário
As this is a makeup entry it is bound to be lacking in detail, however, I will bring my journal with me and have Jesse put an addition to this CTM section. The majority of my CTM experience was spent studying até o pó! I studied a great deal in order to fully realize the promise that someone could leave the CTM almost completely fluent in Portuguese if they studied diligently. I spent free time studying, and memorized every word I encountered.True to His word, the Lord blessed me with the gift of tongues and I left the CTM fluent, my President was surprised when we conducted our first interview in Portuguese rather than English.Sadly, everything has two sides, and though it was a great blessing it had a downfall as well. Everyone was always complimenting me on how well I spoke and surprised at how little time I had on the mission.Anyone who knows me, has a firm knowledge that I am a very prideful person who struggles with arrogancy. Haha, this was very hard to keep in check when I kept getting compliments!At any rate, being locked up in the CTM for two months was an amazing experience but one which I do not have desires to repeat. On top of the normal two months, due to a freak flood in Santa Catarina that destroyed two cities entirely, my district remained an additional week.Addition to follow with more details: --
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment