Sunday, September 27, 2009

Letter 21

09-07-2009
Zone: Chapecó
Area: Pato Branco

Well I found out last night that Elder Neves will be transferred tomorrow and that my new companion will be Elder Fochetto, another Brazilian.  I hear he is quite the regrão or if you will, STRICT. I think that President is wanting me to teach him how to calm down as he is apparently a mirror image of who I was when I got here.
At any rate, Karina was baptized this Sunday and that was a really great experience.  She is a girl of seventeen years, who is now living independant.  A rarity here in Brazil.  Her family threatened to disown her, but she did not desist and was baptized anyway.  It was good.
Matteus and Allyson have stopped progressing, sadly,  they were so close to getting baptized too.  Each of them had been marked for baptism and they disappeared a few hours before the baptisms.  They were too nervous I suppose.
I will miss Elder Neves we have grown to become good friends.  It will be sad to trade companions so quickly.
We are still working hard, and hoping that you all are as well back home.
Chase your dreams, never give up, be good. Don´t ever lose hope.
With Love,


-Elder Jacob L. Holdaway

No comments:

Post a Comment