Monday, August 24, 2009

Letter 19

08-24-2009
Zone: Chapecó
Area: Pato Branco
Well, another week gone by and today I have eleven months on the mission.  Seems like time has gone by so fast, and yet so slow.  I had some good experiences this week, but unfortunately no more baptisms.
It is extremely interesting to me that people can feel the spirit so strongly and still have absolutely no desire to follow the Savior. I do not really comprehend the reasons, for which, they do not act.  I never understood how truly spiritually starved and blind the people of this world are.  I suppose that when I was one of them and I had been inactive in the church it was because I was past feeling or that I simply did not care, but I also had never felt the spirit like these people feel it as we teach.  It seems to fill everything and yet they deny the necessity to follow.
I have been thinking a lot this week about how truly blessed members of the church are that they were raised in the church,  and learn as youths to follow the spirit. It truly is a blessing.
I have been trying to be exactly obediant in everything so  that we can start to have more success and I hope to see positive results soon.  I miss all of you back at home and would like to thank everyone for the support and letters.  They are greatly appreciated.
I would like for everyone who would like a letter to get their addresses in to my Mom this week so I can send a letter next week.
Her email is kylelaralee@yahoo.com
Sincerely,
-Elder Jacob L. Holdaway

1 comment:

  1. E ai rapaz, aqui e o teu ex-roommate, o jones lembra, la do arbor cove. Caramba, nem sabia que vc tinha ido para o brasil! legal cara. Parabens!

    ReplyDelete